- «Damn son, where’d you find this?»
- «I could’ve sworn I’ve seen this one before… somewhere. Was it in Japan?»
- «This really reminds me of a piece I saw in Berlin during my trip to Europe last summer.»
- «This guy is from around here, right? Pretty sure I met him once.»
- «They made that? Wow. This process makes sense now.»
Stolen Art Gallery’s inaugural exhibition, «No one paid for this.» has chosen to dive straight into the world of contemporary art to deconstruct its production value. Whereas galleries across the globe aim to sell cultural products, this exhibit provides a renewed landscape to re-establish previous forms of cultural accessibility. This rhizomatic exhibit seeks to spread culture by eroding the past patterns of consumption and finding a balance in this newly established cultural space.
«No one paid for this.» brings together works from nine artists (AdamM, AndrewB, AxelTS, BenjaminT, ChelseaC, DanielAR, JuanP, KandisW, KarlaA, KembraP, ThomasB, ThomasH, and TomasCD) to create a space in which hierarchies and every other form of institutional constructs are erased for their experiential consumption.
Please join Stolen Art Gallery to celebrate resisted beginnings during Gallery Weekend México, 2016.